World Federalist Movement – Canada
Founded in 1951, the World Federalist Movement – Canada (WFMC) promotes global peace and justice through the progressive strengthening of the rule of law, democratic accountability and global governance institutions such as the United Nations.
WFMC is seeking an Executive Director with experience, entrepreneurial skills and a commitment to the mission of WFMC to provide leadership in organizational restructuring and fundraising that will produce financial stability and renewal to WFMC.
Due to financial constraints, this is a part-time position (half-time) at $30,000 for the first year, renewable, with the possibility of moving to full-time if funds become available. This position is home-based. The preferred start date is Tuesday, September 7, 2021.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for:
- Reviewing the organizational structure and recommending the most effective structure, organizational objectives and plans for growth and stability, including how equity, diversity and inclusion can be promoted and advanced in WFMC;
- Developing and implementing fundraising strategies to increase the funds available for operations and programs;
- Ensuring the implementation of programs as mandated by the Board;
- Managing organizational finances, including financial reporting and budgeting, with assistance from the Bookkeeper and the Treasurer;
- Supervising a team of staff and volunteers, as well as liaising with branches;
- Maintaining effective and collaborative relationships with governments and partner organizations in Canada and internationally; and
- Ensuring that WFMC complies with all legislation and requirements applicable to non-profit organizations.
- Post-secondary degree in political science or a related/relevant field
- Strong interest in and work experience with global governance issues and support for the mission and programs of WFMC
- Demonstrated skills and experience in strategic planning, fundraising, budgeting, and financial management
- Experience in working collaboratively with the Board and staff
- Demonstrated skills for working effectively toward issue resolution and consensus building
- Understanding of the importance of equity, diversity and inclusion in organizations
- Experience in government relations
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience with social media applications
- Fluency in English required (written and spoken), ability to also work in French an asset.
- Send a cover letter, current resume and list of references via email by end of business day on Friday, June 18, 2021 to the Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be via zoom. Check wfmcanada.org for more information about World Federalist Movement – Canada.