Over the past year, we have accomplished a great deal:
- our TakeAction emails have encouraged supporters to engage with their political representatives on issues around Canada’s support for the International Criminal Court, a United Nations Parliamentary Assembly, Canadian participation and commitments in United Nations peacekeeping, developing a leadership role for Canada at the UN, advance the Responsibility to Protect, and United Nations reform;
- monthly news emails have reported on our work in Canada and internationally on issues of importance to World Federalists;
- we have hosted three webinars, on peacekeeping, the International Criminal Court, and just this week, on human rights;
- we released the latest publication from our UN and Canada series, What Canada Could and Should Do at the United Nations 2018: A Question of Leadership, came out. As well as downloading the publication, you can alsolisten to series editor John Trent and some of the contributors talk about their articles;
- in August, the latest update of our Canada and UN Peacekeeping fact sheet was released;
- and we also published two issues of our newsletter, Mondial.
- UN2020 Initiative
- the United Nations and Canada
- Canadians for UN Peacekeeping
- Canada’s Human Rights Commitments
all have their own websites with regular updates.
In addition, we work with civil society coalitions and networks on disarmament, human rights, International Criminal Court and women, peace, and security to ensure that the World Federalist perspective is heard.
Your support and contributions help make all of this possible!
Please consider an end of year contribution to support the World Federalists.
Donations can be made to either
- the World Federalist Movement – Canada (no tax receipt, funds are dedicated to programs including advocacy)
- or the World Federalist Foundation (a tax receipt is provided and funds go research and educational efforts).