After a one-year delay due to the pandemic, the World Federalist Movement-Institute for Global Policy (WFM-IGP) conducted its first online Congress from July 14-17. It was attended by 39 delegates and 28 observers from 20 organizations on 5 continents.
- In recent years WFM-IGP has experienced a number of changes, including:
- The retirement of Executive Director Bill Pace after more than 2 decades of service and his successful leadership in the creation of the civil society coalitions such as the Coalition for the International Criminal Court (CICC) and the International Coalition for the Responsibility to Protect (ICR2P);
- The brief tenure WFM-IGP Executive Director Tawanda Hondora, and the arrival of a new Executive Director, Sandra Coyle;
- A sharp decrease in funding; as experienced by many NGO’s working in the international justice field;
- A transfer in the hosting of WFM-IGP’s two flagship programs, the CICC and ICR2P, to other NGO’s.
In response to these events and to assure the organization’s long-term sustainability, Executive Director Sandra Coyle, in partnership with the outgoing WFM-IGP Executive Committee, created a new Strategic Plan that was approved by the Congress. See https://www.wfm-igp.org/2021-23- strategic-plan/. The election of a new Executive Committee to take forward the work of the organization in this time of programmatic renewal was deferred to a resumed session of the 2021 Congress, scheduled for October 30-31.
Join Our Global Movement
The World Federalist Movement – Institute for Global Policy has Member Organizations (MOs) around the world that are dedicated to spreading the ideas of World Federalism. Currently our MOs are working on diverse issues such as raising support for the International Criminal Court, strengthening the European Constitution, creating a United Nations Parliamentary Assembly, and reducing small arms trafficking.
In addition to the work of WFM Member and Associate Organizations, WFM-IGP’s programs support participation in the Coalition for the International Criminal Court, the International Coalition for the Responsibility to Protect and the campaign for a North-East Asia Nuclear Weapons Free Zone. For more information on their members, please visit www.coalitionfortheicc.org and www.responsibilitytoprotect.org. WFM-IGP also welcomes your individual membership in our global efforts to promote the principles of international democracy, federalism, global governance and human rights.