The World Social Forum is happening this week, from August 9th to 14th, in Montreal.
WFMC will be there on August 11th and 12th.
- WFMC’s Annual General Meeting : 10am to 3pm, room 116 Peterson Hall, McGill University. If you plan on attending, please indicate your intentions.
- 2016 WFM-Canada World Peace Award will be presented to Senator Murray Sinclair, former Chairperson of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada. Following the presentation and Senator Sinclair’s remarks, there will be a panel discussion co-sponsored by the World Federalists and McGill University’s Faculty of Law and Institute for the Study of International Development. A panel of experts will discuss, “From Global to Local: The Importance of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples to Reconciliation in Canada.” The award ceremony and panel take place at the McGill University Faculty of Law, Moot Court Room (Room 100), New Chancellor Day Hall, 3644 Peel St.
WFMC will be sponsoring three workshops, as part of the World Social Forum. Go to the pages for each workshop for further details, including location.
- If you want peace, prepare for peace! Developing a United Nations system that can prevent armed conflict and protect civilians 9 to 11:30am
- Campaign for a Latin American Criminal Court for Transnational Organized Crime 1 to 3:30pm
- Transforming the United Nations and global governance: Learning to market global reform 1 to 3:30pm