Anxiety Looms As Global Economy Enters Shutdown
With a pandemic, the war in Ukraine, and a global economy in crisis, the world sets its sights on an uncertain future. The global COVID-19 pandemic shifted everything from how we work to the functioning of our economies.
See what our regional branches are up to!
Our regional branches are the lifeblood of the organization and we want to showcase their events, discussions, and activism to our members! We're proud to reintroduce our branches through WFM-Canada's website. If you or someone you know is looking to get involved in the fight for a better global system consider joining your local chapter.
Interested in starting your own regional branch? We can help you get started! Send us an email at comms@WFMCanada.org
Free membership for youth under 30!
In branch news, the Toronto branch of the World Federalist Movement invites residents of the region below 30 years of age to become full members at no cost. One benefit of membership is that individuals can stand for election to any executive position on the Toronto branch's board of directors. This change is meant to encourage youth to join the Toronto branch's board of directors and bring their passion to the organization!
- Entitlement to vote as a full member of the branch when Toronto Region Branch members are polled by the branch
- Entitlement to stand for elections to any executive position on our branch's board of directors.
- If elected to the Board of Directors, become involved in taking the World Federalist Movement in the Toronto Region into the future,
- Lead and/or participate in projects such as starting up a Youth Wing in the Toronto Region (or lead any other project you are passionate about that is approved by the Toronto Region Board of Directors).
- Moderate/Facilitate our public events
- Receive direct notification of branch activities, national activities & publications
- Work in support of our Mission creates opportunities to mingle with the local knowledge base while gaining valuable life skills.
- Be under the age of 30.
- Be passionate about one or more of our causes (Global Democracy, World Peace & Security, Global Environment, Universal Human Rights, Global Economy) and believe in World Federalism as a means to attain them.
- Agree to our Code of Conduct